Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Key hopping in sunny Florida.

Well, vacation is certainly not boring.

I've been in the Keys the last few days doing all kinds of cool stuff like snorkeling, and feeding some giant tarpon, watching the sunset ceremony and the street performers in Key West. Eating great food like, blackened Mahi Mahi, Conch fritters at Sloppy Joe's, Cheeseburger at Margaritaville. I'm stuck with a film camera at the moment, so it will be next week before I can post them.

And I've been running everyday of course. We stayed in Islamorada, which is one of the upper keys, for two nights and I got to run down there twice. This morning was the nicest. I got started about 6AM, and ran west along Highway 1, towards the end of our little key, and then over the bridge to a very small, uninhabited key named 'Tea Table,' and over another bridge to another small uninhabited key. It was beautiful, and I thought I'd just keep running and keep hopping from key to key, and I did run about 4.5 miles on the 'out,' with no regard for having to run the 'back.' I stopped and took some walking breaks after I got my 6 miles in.

And now I'm tired, and I'm completely sick of Jimmy Buffet. I'm off to Ocala to visit my Dad for the next couple of days, so that will be fun too.

Listening to: Jimmy Buffet - Cheeseburger in Paradise (...Heinz 57 and french fried potatoes.)

Keith.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Key West - one of my favorite places ever. I hope you're eating some key lime pie. I love key lime pie but refuse to eat it unless it has fresh key limes in it.

One time we were driving down, thinking we'd stop at one of the keys along the way for the night. Nope - waited too late and drove the whole way at some ridiculous hour. It was totally worth it though the next morning when we woke up and there was all that beautiful sand right in front of us.

Unknown said...

Why are you feeding the tarpon instead of eating the tarpon.

I highly recommend a kayak trip through the mangroves. You may see some manatees but definitely a lot of wildlife. We did that last time we were there and it was the highlight of the trip.

Jill said...

Sounds wonderful!! I want to go to the Keys.

Totally random - I have a friend who lives in Ocala. Her name is Jill, too!

Anonymous said...

Screw your vacation. I am so excited that once again I am your favorite person in all the world. Go me!

OK, enjoy Florida. The Keys sound awesome!