Saturday, June 17, 2006

12 tired miles

I got to the park a few minutes late and everybody had left already. I spent quite a bit of energy trying to catch them, and by the time I did, I was drained. I made it through the full 12 miles, but I was very tired. This is the end of the first week at 6 miles per day. Usually the second week at a new mileage level is the most difficult, but the third is okay, so if I make it through next week, I should be okay.

So I got back to the park, and renewed my membership for another year, and got my free gift - a nice pair of trail-running socks from New Balance.

I've decided that Jamoosh's style of posting what music he's listening is cool enough that I'm going to totally rip it off. I wish I thought of it first, but I don't care any more, I'm not too proud to not rip it off. I guess the whole running blog idea was a rip-off too.

Listening to: Elvis Costello - Deep Dark Truthful Mirror (The same eyes, the same lips, the same lie from your tongue trips)

Keith.

2 comments:

Steve Bezner said...

So how about just one taste of one of these new flavors?

http://www.bluebell.com/icecream_new.htm

umm...they are calling you!

Unknown said...

The white chocolate almond ice cream would probably be worth it.