Sunday, June 18, 2006

6 miles in the rain

Not a bad run this morning, much better than the last few days anyway. I got up around 5:30, and the radar on weather.gov said, "you better get moving." The rain was already starting here in Pasadena, but it seemed like it would still be clear around the Seabrook trails, for a little while at least.

I ran real slow for the first mile, and I eventually loosened up and started feeling pretty good. The rain held off for about a half hour, which is just long enough for me to get to the other end of the trails, and at that time it's too late to cut it short. The way back was wet, but I like running in the rain. It never seems like a good idea beforehand, and it's hard to set out when it's already raining, but when I get stuck in it, I have fun.

48 miles for the week. 17 weeks for my streak. Good for me.

Listening to: The Strokes - The Modern Age (Let me go go go go go go go go)

Keith.

1 comment:

Humble Runner said...

Appears everybody is talking about running in the rain. Glad to see I'm not the only "Crazy" on.