Thursday, June 15, 2006

6 milers a plenty.

I stepped on a rock on the bridge this morning and turned my ankle a little. I was worried for a little while, but I think it's going to be fine. That was at the end of a nice 6 miles on the bridge. Very nice, except that my training partner wanted to start a half hour earlier, which means 4:30 AM, which means I gotta get up at 3:00!

And then I came back home and had the bright idea that I could get another hour of sleep before I had to get ready for work. Somehow, one hour turned into three hours, and I finally strolled in to work until slightly after 11:30. Nobody noticed. I guess that's one of the benefits of graduate school: the messy-haired, sleepy-eyed, afternoon arrival doesn't draw much attention.

And then, of course, there was another 6 miler yesterday. 6 miles on tap for tomorrow. 12+ for Saturday, before our club's sign-up. And our club will also be leading the way into the 23rd century with our very own forum, as well as a 'club blog.' Our head coach, Rick, has already been posting, and has got some interesting things to say. It hasn't even been released yet, but I'll give you, my homeboys and homegirls, the scoop right here and now. Check it out.

Keith.

No comments: