Saturday, June 24, 2006

6 miles before an early flight

This stupid streak made me get up at 3:45 so I could run before my flight. The alternative would be to run in the evening in Florida, which is fine, but then I'd have to run on only 12 hours rest to get back on the morning schedule.

I've been feeling pretty run down lately, and not sleeping a lot. I certainly wasn't expecting to cruise through without effort, so this run was surprisingly enjoyable. I actually gave myself permission to stop at 4 miles, but I changed my mind after I warmed up.

Anyway, I have to get to the airport. I hope all the HRBers have a good time at the meeting, I'm sorry I'll miss it. I think I was the only one to be at all the meetings so far. It might not be true, I didn't think that hard about it, I just thought of it once and decided to believe it.

Okay, airport time. Have a good week.

Listening to: The Presidents of the United States of America - Feather Pluckin' (Ten million monkeys all pick up guitars. Nobody taught them how!)

Keith.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's amazing how you keep the form and how you don't let yourself a bit of relaxation! I wish I had as strong a will as you do.

Unknown said...

Do you take part is some more global marathons? What about mountain marathons?