Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Not today.

When I woke up at 6, it was pretty treacherous outside, with lightning and wind and sideways rain. I got out of bed and thought, "today might be the day." There will surely be a day when my streak will end, and across the land will shed a tear into their exotic microbrews. But not today.

The rain let up after an hour or so, when it was still raining, but no lightning, and it didn't seem unsafe, just wet. On a typical 5 miler, I'm 100% drenched in sweat by the end, so I figured it's no big difference to be 100% soaked by rain. The only difference would be that I'd smell slightly better at the end.

And in practice, running in the rain, is quite pleasant. The air seems much cleaner, and it's exciting to feel the cold water between your toes, after you give up trying to dodge the puddles.

Rock.on.Keith. (ouch)

No comments: