Friday, May 19, 2006

5 milers all around

I ran the bridge yesterday morning with one of my usual training partners, Tonia, and another woman, Mindy, who is considerably faster than both of us. Typically Mindy drops us on the uphill of the bridge and then waits for us at the bottom for the recovery loop. After a few trips over the bridge, I got the idea that I'm going to try to keep up with Mindy for our last trip over the bridge. So I tried and I took off and was in front for a while, but she caught up easily, and I tried to match stride. It was impressive, how smooth she was running, as I was stomping around, not used to the pace. And she'd run a few paces, and click, she'd bump it up another notch, and run a bit farther, and click - faster, click - faster, click, click, click. I matched for a few clicks.

I usually like to blame genetics for being rather slow, but it seems to be generally true that the faster people are working harder than me.

This morning brought another easy 5 miles around my neighborhood. Tomorrow is our club's inaugural Carnac the Magnificent Prediction Run at the Seabrook Trails. Also, if you have some kids you can bring them out for the Kid's 1K at 8:30. It's free and they get a number and a medal and some cookies.

Keith.

2 comments:

Tiggs said...

"I usually like to blame genetics for being rather slow, but it seems to be generally true that the faster people are working harder than me."

LOL! I feel exactly the same way! hehehehe

Anonymous said...

Keith - stay on pace...

You can blame genetics. It's OK.