Saturday, March 04, 2006

Spring Program sign-up at CLFC

I woke up at 4:30 this morning, for just a four mile run. I wanted to get to the park and get finished before it was time to help set-up for the spring program sign up. As it turned out, there were like 15 people there to help set-up, and not much to do, so I could have slept in a bit longer.

It was probably about half returning people and half new people there, and I think it's going to be a little chaotic, because everybody is there to do something different. In the fall, everybody is training for the Houston marathon, or half marathon, but now everybody is planning for something different, and some people are just starting out. So, it should be fun.

And, as far as my efforts to give up my sense of humor for Lent, I did pretty good not trying to say anything funny, which was a big improvement from yesterday, where for about an hour I had a huge lapse in focus. But it was an extreme situation, where one of the bulbs on the microscope blew out, so we changed it and the light never came back on. And it was difficult to figure out, and for a while there were four highly educated people scratching their heads about why the light bulb don't work! But that's no excuse, I should have resisted the urge to point out how stupidly funny the whole situation was.

Two weeks left until the Seabrook Lucky Trails Marathon/ Half-Marathon/ Relay. I'm doing the relay with my friends Tonia, Sue, and Jim, from the club. Our team name is The Hometown Heroes. Also, the race director told me about some of the goodies that will be in the goodie bag for the race, and apparently everybody gets a pair of NB running socks, and a bag - some kind of bag with a drawstring and armthings to wear it on your back.

Keith.

No comments: