Monday, October 17, 2005

Haile is unsatisfied with victory.

"I am not so happy," he said. "The last five kms I was not pushing. I need more training."

This was Haile Gebrselassie's take on his 2:06:20 marathon victory in Amsterdam yesterday (Sunday 16 October).

I know he want's to break the world record, and I think he can do it, but it illustrates a commonality he has with me and probably you too. We're never satisfied. There's no finish line. Goals met are merely an advertisement for bigger and brighter goals just a few miles down the road.

Just a little nonsense for you today, that's all, no running to speak of. I'm going to work on the super fabulous bloggalicious new feature that will probably bring forth a new world order, which will undoubtedly reverse the trend of increasing violence and poverty on this crazy little blue marble we call home.

Rock on,
Keith.

No comments: