Tuesday, July 04, 2006

I suck.

Okay, lets get caught up with all my running.

I ran 6 miles on Saturday around my Mom's house and I don't remember anything about it, so I guess it was fine.

Sunday, I got up extra early and drove down to Clearwater Beach and ran my long run down there. It was pretty nice out, but warm as always. I ran a couple miles right on the hard packed sand right by the water, which was beautiful. After about 8 miles, and after I went over the Sand Key bridge, the wheels came off, and I felt drained and frustrated. I struggled to walk and run the last bit.

Monday brought 6 more miles back here in Houston, and I felt good.

But today was awful. I slept in and didn't get started until after 9:00. I ran down on the trails and found myself without energy and without motivation after about 2.5 miles. I walked a bit, and ran some more, and walked some more. I'm counting it as 4 miles, since that's about as far as I actually ran.

In general, things are still a bit rough, since my last bump in mileage. A couple times a week, I feel good, and 6 miles floats by without effort, but it's still a struggle much of the time. And Sunday's long run, and today's run are frustrating me. I've been at 6 miles per day for 3 weeks now, and I should be mostly adjusted to it by now, but I feel drained much of the time, even when I'm not running. Right now, I'm trying to gmap my route for Sunday's run, because I don't know the distance, and my internet connection is so slow, that I think I might actually die from it.

I think I need to get back to simplifying my life. Remember when I was going to do that? and I was going to give up television and stuff like that. I think I need to do that. There are a few frustrations I can do without.

Listening to: Live - Lakini's Juice (I rushed the lady's room, took the water from the toilet, washed her feet and blessed her name)

I'm looking forward to getting caught up on all your blogs.
Keith out. Way out.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hope all that running with no rest days doesn't catch up to you. The beach run sounds awedsome. I'd like to do that soon.

Humble Runner said...

Don't sweat it, no pun intended!

Everyone is working a little harder in this heat and humidity.

Makes you appreciate fall a little more, doesn't it?