Wednesday, July 05, 2006

4 milers for a while, maybe.

I'm going to cut back to 4 milers for a few days, and maybe back to 5 milers next week. I need a bit of a break, to get back into my rhythm, and get my confidence back.

I think it's early enough. It hurts to do it, but it looks like San Antonio will be my first marathon of the season, and that's still a little more than 4 months away. I think my base is good enough to absorb a week or so of cutback time.

I'll probably change my mind tomorrow, and start back with 6 milers. I'm on the verge of changing my mind right now. Maybe I just need to stick with it and let my body adapt to the new level. Okay, my mind is changed. I'll get back to it tomorrow.

Listening to: Ben Folds - Give Judy my Notice (I knew if I made it easy for you. You'd settle for me. Yeah, eventually.)

Keith.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are going to hate me for saying this, but maybeit is getting close to the time. You know, the time when you ditch the streak, so you can start doing longer runs on the weekends and recovering from them in preparation for San Antonio. I am just saying...

Dang that Tom Petty. After I supported him for so many years. That's it, it's Debbie Gibson all day, all night from now on.

Unknown said...

maybe I should ditch you