Friday, April 21, 2006

Whoosh.

Well, I managed to get my four miler done at the tail end of that storm this morning. That makes it 61 days for my running / no ice cream streak, which breaks my previous record of 60 days, which I set yesterday.

8 miles on tap for this weekend, as well as another 4 miler, although I haven't decided which day I'll do each of them. Probably, I'll do the 8 miler tomorrow.

I can still tell that there's something wrong with my footular area. Some achiness right at the cuboidular bone. Maybe I should do some kind of strength training for my feet.

In other news, I had to present a paper in our journal club this morning, and I really hate presenting things. It was a really cool paper, and I don't think I presented it well, so I'm kind of disappointed. I tried to communicate some rather abstract things about the possible function of a part of the brain called the hippocampus, and I just kind of fumbled through it. That and the presentation was pretty short and my advisor mentioned how short it was twice.

Who cares about that anyway, here's some news from the world of running - exclusively here!
  • Paul Tergat drops out of the London Marathon because he's scared of Haile Gebrselassie. In an off-the-record comment, questionable sources have quoted him as saying, "I moved to the marathon to get away from him, and now he's followed me here." Tergat went on to say, "I'm scared of Haile."
  • In other news that I made up, Boston Marathon champion Robert Cheruiyot will be featured on the Cheerio box.
  • Lastly, it's almost not completely untrue that the race director of the London marathon has confirmed that the winners of Sunday's race will be greeted at the finish line with a pie in the face.

    Anyway,
    Keith out.

    My computer's still broke, so I might not be able to update this weekend.
  • No comments: