Tuesday, October 03, 2006

One week until raceday.

Hi America, How are you? You look good.

There's less than seven days until my race. It doesn't look like it's going to be freakishly cool that day, like I was hoping. On the other hand, Dean and the gang ran a 4:28 yesterday, which should be more manageable than the 3:5-'s he's run a few times recently. When I was running 6 miles per day, it didn't really catch up to me until about three weeks in. So, maybe my 6 miles is equivalent to his 26 miles. Maybe he is human? No?

I'm taking a day off today. I seem to have caught a little something that started as a minor sore throat and now seems to be a minor chest cold. The good thing about a chest cold is that I can entertain myself endlessly with my Barry White impression.

I think I'll put a poll on the blog so you can all vote as to which mile I crash and burn and have to get on the bus.

Listening to: Myself - Can't Get Enough of Your Love, Babe (Girl, I don't know, I don't know why; Can't get enough of your love babe.)

Keith.

5 comments:

Steve Bezner said...

Yeah I just read the 4:28 as well, that's more like it. I'm still tempted to get out there and run with him.

Unknown said...

No crashing. No burning. You can hang. You've got to believe.

Get well!

TX Runner Mom said...

I don't think you'll be needing the poop-out van. Hope you're feeling better...I'm sure the Barry White thing will get old fast.

Anonymous said...

Where's the poll, man? Where's the poll???

Steve Bezner said...

Hmm...I see he just ran a 4:08 yesterday in San Fran.

You can do it!