Monday, October 23, 2006

When will I crash and burn?

It's been a while since I've done any silly attention-seeking stunts, hasn't it?

I ran again this evening, as well as this morning, and I had an idea. Sometimes they stick, and this one took hold, so let's rock on! I have three weeks until San Antonio, so this is basically the last week I can really tire myself out, and the weather is so nice! Let's see how many miles I can run in one week. I had 3 or 4 weeks in the low 50's over the summer, and I'll have to check my log, but I think my record is something like 52 miles. I like to bite off more than I can chew, so I'm going to shoot for 70+, here's the plan:

AMPM
Monday4 miles2.9 miles
Tuesday4 miles9 miles
Wednesday4 miles5 miles
Thursday7 miles (bridge)4 miles
Friday4 miles3 miles
Saturday16 miles
Sunday10 miles
Total72.9 miles


I know I might benefit more from longer runs once a day, but this is only about the numbers. This is about machismo, and I've got something to prove dammit!

Feel free to guess how many miles I will end up with after Sunday. Will my body hold up? (my cuboid is fine, but ever since the marathon, there is something funny going on with one of my right toes) Will I tire out and quit? Will I oversleep and miss some morning runs, or will I become too busy and miss some evening runs? Will I lose interest in this silliness and try to be more reasonable?

Listening to: Ben Folds Five - Zak and Sara (Sara told the friendly salesmen that, "you'll all die in your cars" and "why's it gotta be dark?" and "you're all working in a submarine.")

Keith.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You can do it!!!! Thanks for the day!!! Just think about the boston creme pie left over for tomorrow!!!!Yeah!!!!

Anonymous said...

How about adding another 5k onto that Sunday run and calling it a half marathon? If you're gonna run a bunch of miles, might as well go out with a bang.

Unknown said...

this is going to be cool! I'm with Barbara. half marathon is in order, sir!

Junie B said...

i agree! run the koala with us!