Saturday, February 04, 2006

Running Update - I quit again.

Hey America,

Well, I've been working like a jungle fire on my proposal all this week, and haven't updated the blog in a while, so here's an update.

It has been an eventful week in terms of my running. To sum it up, I quit. And I'm determined to quit this time. There's a different look in my eyes, everyone notices it. I'm focused. I have a schedule worked out and everything. It goes a little like this:

Everyday : 0 miles.

And I'm going to stick with it. Until my proposal is finished. Until my lingering injuries subside. Until I feel like running again.

Actually it's not the running I'm most tired of, but the racing. I hinted before that I wasn't really into racing at this point, and I've decided not to force the issue. At times I really do enjoy the challenge that a race offers, so I'll wait until I get the bug back. I probably won't race again until next fall. (Except for the stuff I'm already registered for - I'm not burnt out enough to waste $50)

So really, I'm just quitting racing for a while, and I'll probably start running again in a couple of weeks or maybe next week.

If I had scheduled this cutback time, like everybody suggests you do once a year, it probably would be much more easy to accept. I long for the days where I'd run a few miles and feel better because of it. Lately I haven't been looking forward to it at all.

Anyhow,
Rock.on.Keith. (ouch)