Sunday, August 28, 2005

Unsuccessful pighunt.

Okay, okay, so I may have promised that today's post would be better than average. I had a feeling that today would be the day when I would finally catch one of those magical pigs on the Seabrook trails and make him grant me a wish. I was prepared for a high speed chase, for possibly an epic hand to hoof battle. I was prepared to fight dirty, smearing mud in the pigs eyes, biting his little pig ears, punches and kicks to the groin, whatever it took.

I didn't even see any pigs, only a few stupid deer and a little black snake. So the post to end all posts will come at a later time, perhaps next Sunday. It has become more and more obvious that the main focus of all this training has nothing to do with some silly footrace, or testing my limits, or expanding my self confidence or anything like that. I just want to catch one of those pigs.

I felt a little tired, with rubbery legs for a while, but I managed to find a nice rhythm and enjoy this run. 10 weeks to go.

No comments: